Friday, March 19, 2010
It started this earlier this week. Day one was a bag of items I needed to mail off. Day two was a bag of trash. Day three was a sack of past issues of Cosmos and Real Simples to a friend. Day four was a bit of a cheat- I ate some leftovers, emptying two baggies. That counts, right?
Day five is today and I have yet to fill a bag. I need to get on this!
Monday, March 15, 2010
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: March 18, 2010
End Date: December 13, 2012
My to-do list in no particular order…
1. Work out 3-4 days/week.
2. Pay for the person behind me in the drive-thru
3. Submit art to nationally published magazine
4. Call my grandmother at least once a month for a year
6. Go camping
7. Go to
8. See a show on Broadway
9. Go to a wine tasting
10. Renew my CPR certification.
11. Go a month without buying any clothes
12. Fill at least one book-bound journal every 3 months for 1 year.
13. Learn to apply eyeliner so that it doesn't look like crap.
14. Decorate the blank living room wall.
15. Find 2 chairs for the living room. 1 down, 1 to go
16. Write letters to 5 friends telling them what I like about them
17. Baby-sit for a toddler or younger for at least an evening.
18. Eat at home every meal for a week
19. Launch a website.
20. Take a picture to sum up the month every month for a year
21. Learn to drive stick
22. Try 8 new recipes. (8/8) 23. Throw a baby/bridal shower for a friend
24. Attend 4 musicals or plays. (0/4)
25. Take a day trip to
26. Attend at least 1 concert. WinterJam
27. Send 10 cards to friends just because. (4/10)
28. Send 10 cards to family members just because. (2/10)
29. Go somewhere new I went to see family in Oklahoma 30. Go somewhere familiar and pretend to be a tourist
31. Make something in our wok.
32. Go on a vacation. 33. Read 20 books. (20/20)
34. Go on a picnic.
35. Visit the zoo.
36. Visit a museum or art gallery. 37. Do something nice for Timmy 10 times. (10/10)
38. Play mini golf.
39. Try 10 new restaurants. (10/10)
40. Do something that I’m proud of.
41. Make a list of 25 things I like about myself
42. Get a facial.
43. Learn to juggle
44. Write a message with Chalk in a public place
45. Watch a movie starting with each letter of the alphabet. (0/26)46. "Unplug" from the TV, computer and cell phone for 1 day.
47. Get Patio furniture
48. Have dinner outside.
49. Take a picture of what makes each season special
50. Put all spare change somewhere and not touch it until the end
51. Clear out computer clutter/delete old files. 52. Crochet a baby blanket I made one for baby Joslyn. 53. Do something I’ve never done before. I tried an inversion table at Dick's Sporting Goods. Weird. 54. Donate to Goodwill I'm moving. Does that explain things?
55. Take 20 pictures of things that make me happy. (5/20)
56. Have dinner by candlelight
57. Be agreeable for one day
58. Paint on canvas.
59. Take a creative class of some sort.
60. Send a secret to PostSecret.
61. Learn to ride a bike
62. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
63. Go to a piano bar.
64. Make a wedding album.
65. Take a bubble bath.
66. Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
67. Carve my name on a tree
68. Color an entire coloring book
69. Find 10 things to love about living in
70. Find out my blood type
71. Attend a Knights game.
72. Attend a Checkers game
73. Forgive those things I may still be hanging on to
74. Write all my bad memories on paper, burn paper afterwards
75. Get a library card
76. Participate in Operation Beautiful 5 times. (1/5)
77. Participate in d365
78. Watch 5 of Timmy’s favorite movies that I haven’t already seen. (3/5)
79. Paint pottery.
80. Use reusable grocery bags at least 15 times. (0/15)
81. Do something nice for my mom.
82. Visit a new state OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma!
83. Read the entire bible
84. Buy 5 things on Etsy. (1/5)
85. Learn a new craft. I learned how to crochet.
86. Join a book club
87. Participate in 40 bags in 40 days
88. Visit somewhere that requires a passport.
89. Do research on Adoption
90. Keep tight control for future babies :)
91. Pay off debt
92. Lose some weight
93. Go to a wine festival.
94. Compliment a stranger. 95. Get together with an old friend that I haven’t seen in over a year.
96. Eat dinner at home for a week
97. Bake my own bread
98. Print and frame a photo that I took.
99. Host a game night
100. Inspire someone else to do a 101 in 1001 list
101. Donate $5 to the JDRF for every task not complete.
If you can help with any, please let me know!