Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Post a recipe. Or if you don't cook, try a new recipe and write about how it turned out (pictures please!).

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups quick cooking oats
¾ cup sugar
1 cup milk
⅓ cup melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix well. Spread batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan [I used an 8x8 pan instead, hoping for gooier oatmeal, but I think I baked it too long. It was good, but it wasn't gooey. Just moist] and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

Variations: Add 1 cup of chopped apples or other fruits or nuts. This is really good with a little milk poured over the top. You can also add additional toppings after baking as well.


I prepared this the night before we had to get up early for an all day thing we were doing. I prepared it and put it in the refrigerator over night, covered. I baked it in the morning and it was still fabulous. I have a picture, but it's stuck on the iPhone until I find the cord.


She Breathes Deeply


No comments:

Post a Comment