Saturday, April 30, 2011

Like a modern day fairytale

I know most of you are tired of hearing about the royal wedding, but I wanted to document it for myself for later.

Yes, I did watch the wedding, obviously. However, I didn't watch it live. 4 am is way to early for me. Instead, I DVRed it and watched it about 12 hours later. I am glad I saw it, but I kinda regret not watching it live. Maybe I should have forced myself awake that early. This will be something to tell future children and grandchildren about. I mean, people are still talking about Charles and Diana's wedding this many years later.

I think the wedding was absolutely beautiful. From the royals and the abbey to the dresses and the choir. Beautiful. I'm super glad, though, that I wasn't in their position. It would be too big and too crazy for my liking. However, it still reminds me a bit of a Disney rags-to-riches movie. A commoner marries a prince,  becomes a princess in line to, perhaps, become queen someday.

Check out some of my favorite pictures:

They look like fairytale dolls.

Love this dress!

The Queen wore my favorite color! High five!
Check out the bridesmaid/flower girl in the bottom corner. Hilarious!

The hats! Oh, those crazy hats! How do they even keep them on???

No comments:

Post a Comment