Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tonight's (temporary) goodbye

I know she'll only be gone a month, but it still makes me sad to think about how much I'll miss her.

My good friend Jodie is leaving for Senegal Saturday for an entire month and I got to spend some time with her tonight before she leaves. She was born and raised there, so I know she'll feel like she's going home and she's going to have a good time. She gets to see her brother and his family who currently live there and help out with various mission-related things (the entire family is in mission work).

I'm happy for her to have this opportunity. I'm just sad that I lose a friend for a month. But she'll be back. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well safe travels for your friend and this got me interested to find out where Senegal is!

    ReplyDelete