Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Going low

Day two of last month's Diabetes Blog Week: Making the low go

I hate low blood sugar. Hate hate hate it. And, unfortunately, I have been experiencing it on a semi-regular basis recently. When it hits me, it can hit hard. Seeing numbers in the 40's or 50's isn't so unusual for me and one day recently, I hit 29. Yikes! :(

I keep snacks in my purse at all times and I always have trusty glucose tablets. They may have a nasty chalky taste (If you ever meet me, ask and I'll let you try one), but they get the job done quickly. I also try to keep juice boxes made for toddlers around. They have the perfect amount of carbs to raise that low.

Of course, this doesn't mean I'll refuse a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or a Crunchie. I love those things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment