Thursday, May 12, 2011

10 things I hate about Diabeetus

Ten things I hate about you, Diabetes - Thursday 5/12: Having a positive attitude is important . . . but let’s face it, diabetes isn’t all sunshine and roses (or glitter and unicorns, for that matter).  So today let’s vent by listing ten things about diabetes that we hate.  Make them funny, make them sarcastic, make them serious, make them anything you want them to be!!

1. Dealing with doctors and stubborn insurance companies

2. Amount of supplies I need at any given time to survive. Don't even get me started on traveling with said supplies!

3. Juice boxes or glucose tablets to treat a low with freshly brushed teeth. Think OJ and toothpaste combo.

4. Fear of long term complications

5. Fear of not waking up.

6. Fear of complications to my unborn children (if complications don't prevent them to begin with)

7. All of the planning. I'd like to be spontaneous too.

8. Workouts that equal a low blood sugar that requires food with calories equal or greater than calories burned to bring it up and keep up. Almost defeats the purpose, no?

9. Not being able to enjoy the luxuriousness of certain fabrics because my finger tips are too rough and calloused, causing them to catch. Same thing with stroking the skin of a newborn baby. :(

10. You took away my pizza, ice cream, Italian food and certain other favorites, diabetes. Sure, I can still eat them if I choose to, but it's such a hassle and usually makes me feel bad for hours afterward. It's easier sometimes to just say I don't like it...

DBlogWeek2011Button

2 comments:

  1. OK, the work-out thing would just piss me off! I never thought about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Beth! I know I had to have asked you a bunch of times about you not liking pizza. It didn't even dawn on me that there might have been such a good reason as this. Sorry for not thinking....

    ReplyDelete