Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

So today is father's day. Happy father's day to all of the fathers out there!

I, for one, never really liked father's day, especially since I was never close to my father. I am close with my stepfather, but, you know, it's just not the same. I couldn't ever compare features and such with my stepfather nor could I ever call myself 'Daddy's Little Girl'. I came to a point where songs, cards, plaques, etc saying that phrase made me feel ill. They made me feel slighted. I wanted a father who openly cared about me and was active in my life. I wanted a father who'd call 'just because'. I wanted a father who would watch me sleep and think to himself "that's my daughter" with all of the pride in the world. But that's not the father I was given.

That's what I thought... until recently. Guess what? I DO have that kind of Father. He is everyone's Father. He loves me so much that He sent is only Son to die for me (and you!) on the cross. That is love, you guys. True love. An awesome love from an awesome God.

So now I know I AM Daddy's Little Girl. I know I do have a Father who knows the features from Him that I have within myself. I know that, at night (and all day), I do have a Father who looks at me and says "That is MY daughter".

And, because of that love, I am overjoyed this father's day to honor my Father.

Happy father's day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said Beth! What a special way to honor Our Heavenly Father!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete