Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm so ready for Christmas!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both! But I do drink Hot Chocolate year round...

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was younger, Santa  just left them unwrapped. I'm not sure what Santa will do with San Francisco.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love white lights. They look so clean and crisp.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We considered it last year, but couldn't find any.

5. When do you put your decorations up? My family's rule was no Christmas until Thanksgiving was over.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Almost anything made for our family reunion/Christmas party on the 23rd.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Stockings! I loved getting a stocking (and I still do!). 
 
And our family tradition of trying to be the first one to say "Christmas Gift" to someone on Christmas morning. Apparently the first one to say it, got an extra gift. (I think it goes back to the days of slavery.)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Truth? What truth? Are you talking about that silly rumor about his existence? Baloney!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. That'd be wrong. My family tried it one year and it's just wrong!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ummm... Tree up, tree skirt, lights on, Any garland (or tinsel... yuck.), then ornaments. Balls usually go one first, evenly, with the larger towards the bottom. then ornaments, with the favorites at more of an eye level. Angel on very last.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Eh. It's so novel to me that it can be exciting for, like, 5 minutes then I realize how cold it is. Brr!

12. Can you ice skate? No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I know this will sound lame, but being around my family has always been the best gift to me.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and the 23rd party. And sausage balls!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Dirt. And my grandmother's Cherry Pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Eating The Varsity on the 24th and "Christmas Gift"-ing people Christmas morning

17. What tops your tree? An angel, I think...

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love to giving the perfect gift to someone. Receiving (any time, not just Christmas) just makes me feel awkward,

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Pretty much any Christmas movie. I think I've seen them all.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? White Christmas. It reminds me of my Grandfather who died a couple of years ago. He loved Christmas as much as I do. It's makes me happy to hear it, but sad that he's gone.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
 
If you fill this out, please let me know in the comments (with a link!).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! It was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very excited for Christmas too! I need to do one of these on my blog, if you are okay with it!

    ReplyDelete